- It should be really near Sam's therapy center.
- It should fit our very little budget.
- It should have good airflow.
- It should be as presentable as possible. In case we couldn't get a nice apartment we wanted one we could fix up.
- A 5-10min walk from Sam's therapy center.
- A small 2 bedroom condo for P6500 per month. P175/per person for water. No association dues.
- Not hot at all. With good airflow since the corridors are open at both ends plus we're located on the third floor.
- Spanking brand new place. The visitor's lounge at the ground floor isn't even finished yet. We even got a mini-porch.
What's even better is that Ate Neng, the manager, held the unit for us WITHOUT any downpayment since we didn't have any cash on hand. Mark's paying the required 2mos advance and deposit this Wednesday but the few days hold was really important since the place was selling like donuts. They had a policy that no reservations could be made without the down payment. Well of course we just had to mention our trump card, Sam, and we always get what we want.
More good news that excites me. Since we don't have any furniture or big appliances (except for the bed from Rico - thank ye Rico dear) we're having our table and book shelves and whatever else wood stuff we might need made out of the red lawan wood that washed up during the October storm. My dad had portions of the tree cut into planks and since it's really good wood we get to have quality furniture for a very very low price. I'd hate ...no I love to imagine how much it would have cost us ready made at SM.
And last. Mark has even cut a deal with his officemate (I love you Monics though you might not really know me) for her unused refrigerator. She bought it at 10k and we get it for half the price. She's selling it because her husband also bought a ref from the States and sent it to her just when she bought the one she's selling now . Thank God for other people's mistakes.
So many blessings. As I said this year is just going to get better.