After almost four years of being a stay-at-home and working freelance I have finally have a full-time job. So far I am enjoying the novelty of having to go to work from Monday to Friday, having set hours, and all the things I expect people who have had full-time jobs are pretty irked about. What I really do enjoy about having a job and about my job in particular include:
- getting to see one of my bestest friends (Thea) more often - Though we share the same office hindi pa rin everyday kasi as project officer she travels a lot and I also sometimes go to outside meetings. It's really cool though kasi we get to say hi and chikka a bit in the morning, I get to gripe about stupid things, she gets to do the same thing in return, and we get to go out and indulge on Cello's doughnuts (my latest addiction).
- getting to make new friends - My new officemates are really great. Lahat sila kikay and may utak so I enjoy bantering with them.
- dressing up - Parang awa nyo na apat na taon po akong naka pang bahay hayaan nyo na akong magtiis sa super high heels at mag enjoy ng laging naka pormal. I really really really anticipate morning because I keep on thinking about what to wear next. Thank God mura ang damit ng babae sa mga Tiangge. Skirts galore!
- higher energy level - Super mas ok energy levels ko lately mainly because I now eat and sleep better. I can't afford not to sleep early after all kasi ayaw ko naman ma-late ako saka nagugutom talaga ako if I don't eat even a bit of breakfast. Plus the sun in the morning must be doing me wonders.
- the stuff I learn - It's just been a month pero I've learned tons of things from the silliest office protocols to more important stuff about the urban poor and of course to handling your boss' ire. Hehe.
The path I want to tread is starting to get clearer and I plan on continuing down that path.