Thursday, June 24, 2004

Toilet Reading

Wasn't able to read anything last night except Mark's text messages. So I guess I'll just write about toilet reading today.

Toilet reading - v. Reading while sitting on the toilet bowl usually while performing the daily ritual of body cleansing.

So what made me decide to write about toilet reading? Simple.... I am an avid toilet reader. Note, not habitual but avid. I cannot seem to go inside the comfort room without something to read (not including public CRs of course).

Top Five Toilet Reading Material:

1. Archie Comics - Archie is the ultimate toilet reading material because the stories are short enough so that when somebody (usually my Mom) shouts that they need to use the toilet, I can finish the story without having to hurry. Besides I don't have to use much brain power to read it, I just look at the pictures and laugh.

2. National Geographic - This comes close to Archie. The magazine is so full of pictures that I usually just look at the them and their captions. National Geographic is actually better in a way since it is a lot more educational than Archie Comics.

3. Edith Hamilton's Greek Mythology - This book is a compilation of short stories on (tada!) Greek Mythology. I especially love reading the stories on lovers, they're interesting and are just the right length for toilet reading. I love Cupid's love story!

4. Star Trek - Any Star Trek book will do. Of course I don't finish the entire book inside the comfort room or my mom will have a fit. Besides it gets pretty uncomfortable sitting there after a few minutes. But since you can the book in an hour or two you can continue your toilet reading to bedside reading...

5. AVON brochures - My mom is an AVON lady so we have a lot of brochures lying around. When I really really have to go to the bathroom and can't seem to find a suitable toilet reading material I just grab the latest brochure and thumb through it. The only problem with this one is that it makes me want to buy almost everything in the brochure! Hmmm... Maybe I should tell my mom to put brochures with her number in public toilets. I bet it will boost her sales. Ha!

5 comments:

JAm said...

my toilet reading consists of magazines, specifically FHM and games master mags, and from time to time pocet books. its easier to do the deed while reading. :j

angel said...

Cool! Nakaka-inspire tuloy mag-blog...hmm. Nah! Makikibasa na lang ako ng mga blogs ng tao. Lately wala akong toilet reading, nagco-compile ata ako sa mga panahong yun.

Jenoa said...

Jam you're right reading makes it a lot easier.

Angel what the heck! Compiling? Tama na PC stuff pag nasa banyo... :p I'll be here Tuesday unless the company I'm applying to calls me for the final interview.

Celedor said...

Don't you quiver when you laugh?

....

....

....

Nevermind.

angel said...

Hmm..who is Jenoa?